By Emily. This post is sponsored by Pints and Plates.
With the weather getting colder and the sun setting earlier it is the perfect time of year for entertaining with friends and family. I have to admit that even as a food blogger I often get stressed about hosting guests and putting together a menu that will work together nicely. I like to plan it out ahead of time so that the evening can run as smoothly as possible and really appreciate Pints and Plates for helping make this process easy!
The Pints and Plates site shares delicious custom recipes, each paired with a beer that complements the tastes and flavors in the recipe by an expert Master Cicerone. Using these recipe pairings for inspiration ensures that at your next get together the food and beer will come together nicely and you can focus on simply enjoying your company.
Today I’m excited to share with you two of the recipe pairings from the Pints and Plates site: Sautéed Pear, Pancetta, and Walnut Salad paired with Leinenkugel’s® Grapefruit Shandy and A Butternut Squash, Apple and Gruyere Tart paired with Pumpkin Ale. I love that the recipes on Pints and Plates use seasonal and fresh ingredients and then pair with seasonal and flavorful beer choices.
Sautéed Pear, Pancetta, and Walnut Salad
This salad is perfect for entertaining, you can make the salad and dressing ahead of time, just don’t add the dressing until immediately before serving. The ingredients are some of my favorite flavors: crisped pancetta, honey glazed pears, walnuts, and gorgonzola over a bed of mixed greens. The salad dressing is a simple vinaigrette using olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon and honey. You honestly can’t go wrong serving this next time you host a get together. It is paired with a grapefruit shandy, which I would have never thought of! It’s a perfect combination as the grapefruit perfectly complements the toasted nuts and fresh greens. For the original recipe click here.
- ¼ pound pancetta, thickly sliced then diced
- 2 Bosc Pears, cored and cubed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup walnuts
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch salt and pepper
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, cook pancetta until the fat has rendered and the pancetta is crisp. Transfer pancetta to a plate. Reduce heat to medium and add pears and honey. Sauté for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast walnuts until fragrant and dark golden, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss to combine salad greens, pancetta, pears, walnuts, and Gorgonzola.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients needed for the vinaigrette and blend until emulsified, about 30 seconds. Pour over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Butternut Squash, Apple and Gruyere Tart
Another recipe pairing I fell in love with on Pints and Plates is this butternut squash squash, apple and gruyere tart that pairs perfectly with Blue Moon® Harvest Pumpkin Ale, or any pumpkin ale you can get your hands on.This tart paired with the pumpkin ale would be perfect as an appetizer at your next get together. For the instructions on this delicious tart click here. Planning appetizers can get stressful but this can be your go-to strategy this season! The tart can be made ahead of time which is always a bonus.
I hope your winter entertaining works out beautifully and that Pints and Plates can help provide pairing inspiration so you can enjoy what really matters, spending time with those you love!
Thank you Pints and Plates for sponsoring this post, playing around with recipes and pairings has never been so easy and fun!